Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

A Real Shepherd

In Mattityahu (Matthew) 28:18–19 Yeshua states the following; 18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Teach all, means to make disciples. Make disciples of whom? Yeshua (Jesus). Regrettably, though this sounds harsh, during my nearly 20 years of being a follower of Messiah I've found this rarely happens. Sometimes purposely, sometimes not. Mankind tends to want to make disciples of themselves, their organization, institution, or denomination. But this blog is to give a shout out to one who does disciple others to become disciples of The Messiah, my first Shepherd. A man who had a greater influence on me than any Christian I've met. Pastor Jim Reid.

When Adonai Yeshua (the Lord Jesus) first saved me I didn't know where to go to church. I'd been raised Catholic, but I found there is much more to Elohim (God) than what I had learned there. I discovered that God loved me individually and wanted to have a personal, intimate loving relationship with me. So I started going to every church in town. I told the Lord that I would keep going to different churches until He told me where to stay. After four or five churches I visited Calvary First Assembly of God. Assembly of God meant nothing to me, nor even did the word Calvary yet for that matter. The first Sunday of went there, plain as day, I heard the Lord say "stay." And this is where I met my first Pastor, Pastor Jim.

Every single thing that Pastor Reid taught me, he told me where to look it up in Scripture. He also told me not to take his word for it, or any other person's word for it, but to search God's Word on my own and to ask God to reveal His Word and it's Truth. That's exactly what I did. Pastor Reid told me only God is perfect and incapable of making a mistake. Only God knows everything and always has my best at heart. Discipleship is extremely important to me, as you probably gathered from my website, and I know this largely due to my first Pastor. Pastor Reid taught me that although Yeshua (Jesus) commands all men to make disciples, He (Jesus) intended for us to make disciples of Adonai Yeshua (the Lord Jesus).

Pastor Reid, I cannot…Read the rest at www.intheredletters.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment